Yes I said it, this is the perfect brownie in a mug, well really a bowl, recipe!
I tried many, many times and tweaked this recipe till I felt like it was the perfect texture. I made many other mug brownie recipes and they all seemed to turn out really cakey and dry.
Not this one though! It’s fudgy, gooey, chocolatey, and delicious. It’s not exactly healthy though… but we’re talking about dessert here!
This will be the perfect dessert or treat for your stay at home Valentine’s Day date with whoever you spend it with!
Alright, read below! Happy eating!
- Brownie in a bowl/mug
- Recipe by: The Short Wife
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serves: 1 or 2 people (I eat the whole thing!)
- Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8th teaspoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk (water or heavy creamy can be used too)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8th teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8th cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Small cereal sized bowl or large microwaveable mug
- OPTIONAL: Scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl or large microwaveable mug add dry ingredients, flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt, together and whisk until evenly mixed.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the milk, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and stir until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips, stir.
- Microwave the mixture for 60 seconds or until the top layer is just cooked. Depending on the size of bowl or mug used this may take a few seconds longer.
- Brownie bowl/mug will be very hot so use a hot pad to take out of microwave and let it cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and/or chocolate syrup and enjoy!
Okay, how delicious does this look!! I’m a little mad at myself for making this because I eat it so much! That’s just how delicious it is.
Now, go and enjoy this recipe with your loved ones!
~thanks for reading,
Erin, The Short Wife