Poblano Roast Beef Hoagies… How yummy does that sound?!
I can tell you one thing right now and that is that these hoagies are DELICIOUS! I made them a while ago for the fist time and it was probably the best decision that week.
Warm, meaty, flavorful, deliciousness. Need I say more?
This is a very simple recipe and all the “cooking” that you really have to do is slice and sauté the poblano pepper! Other than that all you’re doing is layering this hoagie, wrapping it tightly in foil and then popping it into the oven to get nice, warm, and toasty!
Poblano Roast Beef Hoagies
- 4 Hoagie Buns
- 10oz Sliced Roast Beef Deli Meat
- 8oz Sliced Pastrami
- 4 Tsp of Chipotle Honey Mustard
- 4 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- 4 Ounces Freshly Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1 Large Poblano Pepper, seeded, and sliced into ⅛ inch strips
- 1 Tsp of Olive oil
- 4 sheets of aluminum foil, 18inch sheets
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a small frying pan on medium heat, sauté sliced poblano pepper for 5-7 minutes. Or until pepper becomes soft.
2. Once pepper is cooked, start assembling hoagie.
3. Spread thin layer of chipotle honey mustard on bottom of hoagie, and top if you’d like. Lay 2.5 ounces of roast beef, then provolone cheese, then a few strips of poblano pepper, then sliced pastrami meat, then shredded Monterrey Jack, then top off with the top of the bun.
4. Once sandwich is assembled, spray aluminum foil with pam. Place sandwich on foil and tightly wrap entire hoagie, making sure there are no open gaps.
5. Place all four hoagies on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, unwrap sandwiches and enjoy!
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy this recipe!!
~Erin, The Short Chef